OUTLAST, based on TV’s Survivor, is the ultimate game of social politics combined with battling the elements of living in the outdoors with minimal supplies.
For the first portion of the game, players are divided into teams that live in separate camps. In each round of the game, there is an immunity challenge where teams compete in intricate challenges that test the players mentally, physically, and strategically. The team that wins immunity is safe from the vote and the losing team is forced to attend Tribal Council where the player who receives the most votes is eliminated from the game. Some rounds of the game may also include a reward challenge.
At a certain point in the game the teams dissolve, everyone plays the game as an individual, and players compete for individual immunity. As players are voted out, the jury begins to form and gains members until the Final Tribal Council where someone is crowned the winner of OUTLAST!
Players must come up with their own strategy on how to best play the game, such as forming alliances or causing a blindside. At different points in the game there may be twists and players may also face exile which gives them the opportunity to search for a hidden immunity idol.
- Agreements in which players work together at different times in the game to vote a particular person out of the game.
- A form of strategy where a player has no idea he or she is going to be voted off until it actually happens. Usually he or she is led to believe that someone else is going to be voted out, and is then shocked to find out he or she has been voted out at Tribal Council.
- In some variations of the game players may be exiled. After a reward or immunity challenge the winning team or winning player chooses someone to be exiled for a predetermined amount of time. During this period, the chosen player is separated from everyone in the game and receives clues to the location of a hidden immunity idol.
- Final Tribal Council
- This is the last Tribal Council of the game in which all players return and members of the jury ask the finalists questions regarding how they played the game. The finalists have their chance to argue why they believe they deserve to win the game. After all questions have been asked and answered, members of the jury anonymously cast their vote for who they believe deserves to win the game. Once all votes are cast, the Host reveals the votes and the player with the most votes is crowned the winner of OUTLAST.
- Hidden Immunity Idol
- In some variations of the game there may be a hidden immunity idol or idols. Throughout the game certain players receive clues to find the hidden immunity idol by either being exiled or by winning them. When it is discovered, the hidden immunity idol can be played at Tribal Council after the votes are cast, but before the votes are read. If someone plays the hidden immunity idol and he or she receives the most votes, those votes are nullified and the person with the next highest vote tally is voted out of the game.
- Immunity is what keeps a team or individual safe from being voted out of the game. Teams and players compete in different immunity challenges during each round of the game. The winning team or player is safe during the Tribal Council that follows. Immunity must be given up during the next round and the all players compete for it again.
- Immunity Challenge
- A team or individual challenge where the winning team or individual wins immunity and is safe from being voted out of the game. When players are in teams, the winning team does not go to Tribal Council to cast votes, only the losing team votes. When the game is down to individual play, the immunity winner goes to tribal council and casts his or her own vote.
- The Jury
- The jury is made up of a certain number of eliminated players who have the responsibility of voting for the finalist that they believe deserves to win the entire game. Towards the end of the game, the jury asks the finalists questions regarding how they played the game. The members of the jury then anonymously cast their vote for the winner. The finalist that receives the majority of the jury votes is crowned the winner of OUTLAST.
- Reward Challenge
- A team or individual challenge where the winner receives some sort of reward, such as food or an advantage in the game.
- Tribal Council
- The ceremony in which players in the game convene with the Host to vote someone out of the game. During this time the Host asks the players a series of questions regarding the game. After the question and answer session is over, players unanimously vote someone out of the game. Once all votes are cast, the Host reveals the votes and the person with the most votes must exit the game.
- Twists are surprise changes to the structure of the game which force the players to be adaptable and reassess their strategies. An example of a twist is to mix up who is on each team.
- An individual decision on how one chooses to play the game.